Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Here Chick Chick Chick!

I decided against bringing them into the house, but I did set up a heat lamp above this lovely rabbit cage that I'm using for the mother and her two chicks. When I went out to the barn this morning the trio were walking around and her other eggs were cold. The chicks couldn't drink out of the dish I had in there for the other chickens and Guinea hens so I got a little waterer with some scratch feed and put into the cage and new shavings.

These photos are for Dawn b.c. she asked for photos :) The first one is of the tikes with momma. The second has the standard light bulb next to the cage for a size comparison. They are TINY!. The mother is a Fawn Silver duckwing Old English Game Bantam. The father is also a fawn silver duckwing and I believe is a half sister to the mother. It gets confusing I know!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

THANKS!!!! so cute.

Will we see you Sunday? Minus chicks of course.

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...