Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Here Chick Chick Chick!

I decided against bringing them into the house, but I did set up a heat lamp above this lovely rabbit cage that I'm using for the mother and her two chicks. When I went out to the barn this morning the trio were walking around and her other eggs were cold. The chicks couldn't drink out of the dish I had in there for the other chickens and Guinea hens so I got a little waterer with some scratch feed and put into the cage and new shavings.

These photos are for Dawn b.c. she asked for photos :) The first one is of the tikes with momma. The second has the standard light bulb next to the cage for a size comparison. They are TINY!. The mother is a Fawn Silver duckwing Old English Game Bantam. The father is also a fawn silver duckwing and I believe is a half sister to the mother. It gets confusing I know!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

THANKS!!!! so cute.

Will we see you Sunday? Minus chicks of course.

Shetland Breeding Groups

Every year the long anticipated breeding groups always seem to catch me by surprise. Had it not been for my severely sprained ankle, I prob...