Saturday, June 18, 2011

A few of the keeper rams

Some of you may have been missing some photos...So I went to the new ram pastures (its fenced off in quadrants).

Below is the fantastic, fabulous, incredible, Wintertime Jazz. He is 87.5% UK, and a very proven ram at four years of age. He is spotted, and homozygous black. He is out of Todhill Jericho (imported semen) and Whistlestop 0424 Izzy. This ram is the one I compare all other rams to that I have. He's still available to a serious UK type breeder.

The two gray kats and the moorit are ALL F1 Holly rams. Two fully horned and one polled. Cool huh? The big guy is WhitePine caiphas and we'll talk more about him below. The other gray kat is WhitePine Flo Rida who is Holly x ShelteringPines Fleur de Lis. I'm excited to use him eventually! The moorit is WhitePine Ludacris out of River Oaks Lucy. I'll be using him this fall. The fawn kat with scurs is FirthofFifth Kiso out of WhitePine Ephraim (F1 Orion mioget) and FirthofFifth Kamachariy (a Forrest daughter). Caiphas is 2, the other three are yearlings.

Another photo of Ludacris below.
This is WhitePine Caiphas out of Justalit'l Chloe and Greenholme Holly. He is going to Maryland to be a flock sire. he was my clean up ram last fall and produced some awesome lambs! So many that I don't need to keep him around.
Caiphas' rear (and whitePine Levi , polled F1 Jamie black ram)
White Pine Roman (Orion x RYL Rachildas) He's also going to Maryland, and yes his horns are turning ;) he's been used for two years and i LOVE his offspring.
WhitePine Levi, F1 Jamie out of RiverOaks Lucy. He's been used two years as well and just a super impressive ram.
Levi's noggin.

After I took several photos I realized I was missing a few rams. I searched the pastures high and low and couldn't find them. Surely they jumped the fence? Coyote? 

Nope.

I just couldn't SEE them :)


WhitePine Barnabas (Fawn kat F1 Orion) and WhitePine Christian (F2 Orion F3 Jericho) were found 'grazing' in their pasture.
Both are two years of age.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow; Lucy has given you two NICE, polled rams! I need a ewe like Lucy! Can't wait to see you Thursday night. Not sure how far Lacey is; is it close to Olympia? Call me when you leave Olympia, okay? (And remember, in both WA and OR it is a primary offense to talk on your cell phone without a hands-free device.)

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...