Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sale List

black ewe lamb. Conformationally lovely. Will have a longer fleece than I personally like. Less crimp. Some would call this intermediate, but my guess is it will be 5-6" long with little crimp. It IS soft and she will be jet black like her mother. Sire is White Pine Roman and Dam is WhitePine Festus. Available any time.

ShelteringPines Fleur de Lis - gray katmoget smirslet ewe. Has given me two great ewes and a ram and therefore can move her on. She had mastitis on one side of her udder last year but is raising a single lamb this year with no assistance. Her price will be lower accordingly. Her pedigree and conformation are enough reason to give this girl a try!

WhitePine Eve - mioget F1 Orion. She is a very typey ewe like her mother was, and her micron results were nice last year. However she falls out at the last rib (too much britch wool for me) and although she really can produce (was bred to Jazz this year) I need to sell a few nice ewes to pay for some bills. Serious inquiries please.

Sommarang Emerald - black flecket. Looks like a dalmation. Had twins the last two years, very milky ewe. So milky in fact she was the ewe that got mastitis this year on one side. She is available for auction price immediately. I retained a daughter from her last year and she is amazing.

Wintertime Jazz. Anyone who follows my blog knows about this handsome ram. He's available to a serious shepherd who has the 1927 standard and Appendix A in mind when looking at the ideal Shetland.

Five ram lambs.
white ram - WhitePine Roman (F1 Orion) x Justalit'l Chloe. he's the ram in the previous post with the phaeo and incomplete color coming through. Fully horned.

white ram - WhitePine Roman (F1 Orion) x WhitePine Neriah (Blues x Nirvana). He's pictured in the previous post as well. I may hang on to him if he does not sell. Beautiful ram. Fully horned.

gray katmoget - WhitePine Caiphas (F1 Holly) x WhitePine Centennial (Jazz x Chloe). He is dynamite! Will not be available until mid July. He's correct in structure and fleece. Cannot fault him.

gray katmoget - WhitePine Caiphas (F1 Holly) x Justalit'l Black Lambo (everyone knows her!). He is horned, but to what degree I'm not sure. His fleece will have less crimp like his sires did at the same age, but should still be quite fine. Available mid July.

gray katmoget - FirthofFifth Nekomis (Blues x Bramble Nadeen) x WhitePine Salome (Jazz x SP Snow Cloud). This ram lamb carries spots, and possibly moorit but not sure. He's had pizazz since he was born and he knows it too. dam is also horned and therefore ram lamb could carry the horned ewe gene, although its hard to know without test breeding.

I also have four polled ram lambs available that I posted to the polled yahoo list.

Once micron results come back I may have a few more adult Shetlands for sale. With the current price at the auction houses it makes me anxious to breed them all to a crossing ram for market lambs next year, so I may not have many to sell. And with fleeces like the ones that are in my flock, its getting harder and harder to part with any ewes!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I think it is worth mentioning Garrett that Shetlands are the most amazingly competent one-teat mothers. I have watched a Shetland ewe raise huge twins on just one side and I would imagine there are folks that could tell the tale of trips as well.

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...