Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Meet the Rams Part 2: WhitePine Levi AI

When this lamb was born he took my breath away. I never in my wildest dreams thought he would be POLLED! But, being one for diversity, I have fully embraced it and have a small flock of proven polled ewes that were bred to him last fall. This fall he'll get only 3 of my own, but he is not going anywhere any time soon.

Levi was born with a krunet, and although bred to a few spotty ewes did not produce any spots this spring. We will see about that this next spring.
Levi is Aa/Aa, BB/Bb, Ss/Ss, MM/M? He appears to be warm black or "shetland black". He is 67.5% UK. Sire is Willowcroft Jamie. Dam is River Oaks Lucy.
Levi's shoulder fleece parted below.
mid side, last rib.
Just above the britch
Levi is one of the very last F1 Jamie rams in North America. I plan to use him heavily in 2012. If you would like to lease a few ewes of mine to put to Levi, he would be your best friend :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I like this guy. He has "it".

Michelle said...

Sarai's dad! She bears a strong resemblance to him in the head. So, she COULD carry Bb if Levi passed that on to her. That would be GREAT!

Becky Utecht said...

Aw, he looks so sweet too. I love his rich color.

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

Do you have any proven polled ewes that could be leased and matched to him. I'm not doing any breedings this fall...but I'd love to acquire another couple of polled lambs. Or maybe I should just purchase a polled ewe lamb next spring?
Email me! :)

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...