Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meet the Rams Part 3: WhitePine Barnabas AI

Barnabas is an F1 Orion, F2 Timothy with a splash of Lightning behind him. When he was born I wasn't impressed with his birth coat, but his fleece has not disappointed since then! In using him for breeding last year I believe his horns are abherent. They are not symmetrical, nor are they very 'heavy'. While I do like the round horns I don't think are true 'round' horns either. Maybe i'm way off.
He's pushing in to me a little bit in the below photo, but he is pretty square, but not perfect. very typey tail.
Shoulder
Mid-Side, last rib.
Right above the britch

I'll be using him on about 10 ewes this fall and then he will be available for sale. Please inquire.

1 comment:

Kelly Bartels said...

Sent a guy your way today. I love how level this ram is.

Shetland Breeding Groups

Every year the long anticipated breeding groups always seem to catch me by surprise. Had it not been for my severely sprained ankle, I prob...