Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sadie's great weekend!

Sadie had an amazing first weekend on with the AKC sanctioned agility trial with the Fargo-Moorhead Kennel Club. This was Sadie's second agility trial ever (last fall in September we did a NADAC sanctioned trial where she got her first leg in Tunnelers) and she did such a great job!
A quick recap:
Saturday: Novice A Standard - 100 points (perfect score) and 1st place. She also received her first leg for her NA (novice A standard) title by qualifying for this.
Saturday: Novice A Jumpers with weaves - 100 points (perfect score) and 1st place again!. She received her first leg for her NAJ (novice A jumpers with weaves) title by qualifying for this.
Sunday: Novice A Jumpers with weaves - 95 points and 2nd place. She qualified for her second leg for this title (you need three legs to get a performance title).
Sunday: Novice A standard - NQ (not qualifying) due to HANDLER ERROR when I touched the table when I asked her to 'down'. D'oh silly me!!!! I finished the rest of the course with her however because I felt it was great training for her.....and me! She did the rest of the course great but of course no 2nd leg as I touched the obstacle.....Hello i'm NOVICE!!

Thank you to judge Lavonda Herring of Lagrangeville, New York for being so amazingly nice and comforting when she could tell I was nervous! I didn't sleep well friday night and AFTER our first Q on saturday morning I almost threw up because I was so GLAD it was over!

Sadie was so happy thoughout the entire event and even barked a few times while running (barking is SO unlike her 99% of the time) and she even was the FASTEST time in ALL levels of Novice A JWW on Saturday!

That's my baby girl!

2 comments:

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

oh and a BIG congrats on Sadie's accomplishments too!!!
:-)

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

That's amazing!

Shetland Breeding Groups

Every year the long anticipated breeding groups always seem to catch me by surprise. Had it not been for my severely sprained ankle, I prob...