Thursday, April 14, 2011

Moorit fleeces

Since I have had most of my lambs born so far from ewes that were leased out, I myself have had few ewe lambs (10), and two are moorit based (a musket and a mioget). So to make myself feel better I'm going to post a few photos of some moorit fleeces that I DO have so I can feel better about myself hahaha.

My ratio for black based vs. moorit based is almost 2:1. This does include all patterns except white, so the 21 gray katmoget adult ewes I have are counted as black.

SO if anyone would like to pout with me....





























5 comments:

Dawn said...

Is it a better color, or just a preference? Personally I think the black ones are just beautiful, but then I am just an onserver.

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

Hi Dawn! Moorit is just MOST recessive. Moorit/Brown is recessive to black. And to get a solid brown/moorit lamb it has to be most recessive to all the other patterns, so its hard to get and keep if you keep breeding to blacks and other patterns like I have been doing.

I love the blacks too! That's probably why I have so many sheep :)

BTW when I get my roving back (or yarn) I'm going to send you some to see what you can do with it (and if you like it!)

Kara said...

Garrett I only closed the one blog. The other remains active www.mapletonsheepforsale.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

OK I understand now. I really do love all the varied colors you seem to have. The shades in the photos are really lovely. Dog colors I get, bird colors I get, sheep I have never really needed to learn. LOL. I just know I want to play with those darling lambs.

And learning about fiber has been really fun.

Jenny Holden said...

Good fleeces! I have moorit envy now as Tolly doesn't seem to throw moorit lambs. Definitely a moorit tup next season :o)

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...