Sunday, August 12, 2007

Last but not least




Well here she is! My last Shetland of the year! Winter Sky Layla is an F1 horned mioget ewe lamb. She is out of Heights Orion x Underhill Loretta Lynn. Loretta is also a horned ewe and that is where the horns came from. She is quite a growthly lamb and nearly the same size as my yearling ewes already. She is quite breath taking when out in the pasture and very soft to the touch when up close and personal.

I think now that I have enough ewes to keep me going for quite a while :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, you've made a lot of sheepy acquisitions this year! If only I could get my two grey girls sold, I'd like to pick up another ewe lamb with polled genetics to keep Brava company during breeding season. Don't know if that will happen, though; I'm certainly not counting on it.

Beautiful farmhouse, too!

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...