Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Attack of the Moorit Smirslet Sokkets

My first intention with the camera was to take photos of the ewe lambs that are modified and are ever changing. Also wanted to take photos of Shocker the foal to note his color changing as he is getting older. I think he'll be a chocolate brown instead of gray like I thought, or black like my horse friends thought. Needless to say I never got to the modified lambs due to the onslaught of other sheep!

At any rate I barely climbed the gate and I was overrun with these moorit smirslet sokkets (If you look closely they all have about the same pattern that I seem to be smitten with).



First to the gate was Little Red Oak Wren, a ewe lamb that I purchased from Gail Vonbargen. I think she just happened to be in the 'wrong place at the wrong time' as she isn't overly friendly but I did manage to get a photo of her before she wandered off!




Wintertime Gracie was the first to demand my scratching which I obliged to however she was not to be outdone by:















Minwawe Slipper! Who is the only lamb that can still fit through the rails on the gate (much to my dissatisfaction!)















Winter Sky Buttons is my my second most needy sheep for touching (after Cleo the black) and so she was expected to come say 'hi' too.

After they were all done getting their attention, Cleo and a few others came up to check out the situation and when they were satisfied that it was "OK" they headed back out to graze again.

We finally had an inch of rain yesterday so I hope that the pasture greens up again FAST!

4 comments:

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

That little Slipper is a doll.

Nancy K. said...

How nice to have someone else, close by, breeding for HST! I suspect our flocks will do some co-mingling in the future....

;-)

Gail V said...

Oh Garrett, an inch of rain! You must be sooo happy (well, except for that pesky lawn care business you have to run).
I feel remiss not to have posted about your swell farm and BBQ-- but will.

Gail

Gail V said...

Hi Again,
what a cute buncha brown spotties you have, Garrett! Will you mix a black dad in there so we see black and white spotties, too?
This will be fun to see how your flock grows.

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...