Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Recap for 2010 breedings

Since it would help who I bred everyone too (and i know its hard to keep up with me, with so many sheep) I'm going to re post the breedings I did last fall.

I'll just post the ground breedings right now, as the AI group isn't due until April 5th.

White Pine Ephraim - mioget - F1 Orion. Was bred to:

FirthofFifth Booto - fawn katmoget - F1 Timothy. her son out of Orion last year was amazing. Hoping for ewe lamb this time around

Wintertime Galina - black gulmoget (solid sided). She has a wavy intermediate fleece, but am hoping for a nice crimpy moorit gulmoget out of this pairing.

Underhill Ulla. - moorit/fawn F2 Jamie. She is a powerhouse girl, shorter on leg, but I love this ewe! Hoping to improve fleece with this pairing. And they will be moorit based so that is a plus. (i have hardly any moorit based ewes, although most of my ewes carry moorit)

Minwawe RedBud - shaela - domestic. I am really hoping for an emsket ewe out of this breeding, and fleece improvement.


WhitePine Roman - white illget - F1 Orion was bred to:

WhitePine Castle Rock - gray katmoget. Crimpy fleece. Just really hoping for a white ewe that is as nice as she is.

ShelteringPines Myra - fawn katmoget. Roman obviously carries moorit and solid, so hoping for a moorit or fawn kat out of this pairing

WhitePine Neriah - smirslet gray katmoget - hoping for possible spots and Roman's mom is a proven spot producer.

WhiitePine Eve - F1 Orion - mioget ewe - hoping for something moorit and with nicer fleece and Eve has.


FirthofFifth Angus - shaela krunet gulmoget - was bred to:

WhitePine Naomi - fawn katmoget - Neriah's sister. I'm hoping for moorit gulmoget or gul/kats

WhitePine Bethany - F1 Orion - fawn ewe - (out of Justalit'l Black Lambo). Modified lambs would be nice from here, or solid lambs. Heck even gulmoget :)

WhitePine Sedalia. F2 Jericho - smirlset, sokket, gray katmoget. Sedalia, as we all know is my favorite ewe. Fleece, structure, size, pattern, markings, personality, and she is even tame sometimes. I don't care WHAT I get out of this, but please be a ewe. I am truly hoping for spots, and fine gulmoget ram, but I will be happy with just about anything from her :)

Sommarang Eva - F3 Minder. gray katmoget. I'm hoping with her histogram, she'll correct Angus' higher CV, and again, happy with just about anything from this pairing.

Wintertime Jazz - F1 Jericho - smirslet gray katmoget

WhitePine Candace - F1 Holly - smirslet fawn katmoget - fleece improvement. Maybe a solid black?

WhitePine Rush - F2 Orion - white ewe - a lovely white ewe lamb out of her would be nice

RYL Rachildas - F4 Lightning - white ewe - again another white ewe lamb out of her and Jazz, or Ag Katmoget would be ok too.

Sommarang Emerald - flecket black/white ewe - I'm hoping for LOTS of loud spotting here, and fleece improvement.

ShelteringPines Snow Cloud - gray katmoget - I'm hoping for more spots like Salome last year.



That's it for ground breedings for purebred! 17 ewes! My lamb theme this year is musical artists. Probably more recent ones on the Top 40, rap, Christian, or dance channels I listen to on Sirius Satellite Radio :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So if by some slim chance I get Sedalia's ewe lamb, could we name her Beyonce? ;-)

Send me photos, and her lambing date!

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...