Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finally! Twins!

I was beginning to have my doubts if there would be any twins this year (purebred Shetlands anyway). WhitePine Skor a shaela ewe out of FirthofFifth Don Telmo Bourbon and FirthofFifth Assam Meleng, was bred to Heights Orion. Skor has a slightly higher CV (like 26) and I thought if anyone could fix it, it would be Orion. I was really hoping for a black based ewe lamb that would be modified into emsket. Neither she, nor Redbud could help me out :(

A black krunet ram lamb was born first, kicking and screaming into the world. 15 minutes later the moorit ewe lamb joined her brother, also making quite a fuss. I do believe that Skor, being shaela, and Orion being modified, will make these lambs change as well. Skor didn't change until well into her first winter. I do hope the ram lamb turns emsket. It would be my very first one! Oh well. they are HEALTHY and vocal lambs. And there are two of them :)

Photos when they are dry. Now I just hope Nirvana and Booto can hold off until morning barn check. I need some SLEEP tonight!

No comments:

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...