Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Whirlwind afternoon

I came home at lunch after running last minute errands for my big trip tomorrow. I was about to hop in the work truck to do some afternoon work and tie up all loose ends and I went out to check on the girls. Naturally everyone is way past overdue. Needless to say that today of course, was the day I'd be so busy, that the ewes would decide to lamb for me.

Lunch time: FirthofFifth Taika (Wintertime Black Forrest x FirthofFifth Twiling) gave me a black gulmoget ewe lamb and a moorit krunet ewe lamb! Both were up and nursing and still wet, so mom had her work cut out for her :)

Back around 6pm and started evening chores and Underhill Ulla (Winter Sky Jamison x Justalit'l Ewenique) gave me a moorit krunet ram and a moorit ewe lamb! Both up and nursing and I was only gone maybe 20 minutes to feed the cows. (which by the way we had two new calves born today too......must be something in the water?)

I ran over to the neighbors to look at a fifth wheel stock trailer and some lovely grass hay for the sheep. I came back and Black Forest Tilly (full sister to Taika from a different year) have a gorgeous black gulmoget krunet ram lamb and a moorit ram lamb!

I'm just tickled to know that both gullie girls carry moorit. What I am bummed about is that they were both bred to AI but their due date was April 5th and neither of the rams I put to them seemed to take on these girls.

The father of all of these lambs is WhitePine Ephraim, my F1 Orion mioget yearling ram.

I'd love to say photos will be coming but i don't think I have time tonight!! I leave tomorrow morninga t 5:30am and won't be back until the 3rd. You can wait....right?

The following ewes are left to lamb:

Sommarang Eva: She was bred to FirthofFifth Angus, but it looks as though she didn't get bred to him. She is also bred to Eprhaim then.

WhitePine Sedalia: She was also in Angus' group (as was Bethany) but it doesn't look like he settled any of his girls. Sedalia would also be bred to Ephraim. They are both due any moment.

WHitePine Columbine (Jazz x RYL Corlid) is bred to the BFL. She is due any moment as well.

WhitePine Twix (Bourbon x Love-E-Ewe Cleo) was also bred to the BFL. She is due on the 24th.

Justalit'l Shasta is bred, but not due for a while it looks like. She also to the BFL.

WhitePine Candace, didn't cycle with Jazz so is bred to Ephraim...or possibly Levi, as I used Levi as a clean up after Eprhaim went to work at Cynthia's house. She could be off by a week yet or so.

WhitePine Neriah (Wintertime Blues x ShelteringPines Nirvana) was in Roman's pen but didn't cycle that early, so she is bred to Ephraim also. She is due imminently.

I was going to leave late tonight but I must stay at least til morning to see if any more are going to lamb. I can' t make my dad do any more than he already is doing!

phew!

now to finish last minute packing and try and sleep before my alarm goes off!

I'll try and update from the road if I can!

1 comment:

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Peyton sired his first lamb, bummer tho is that it's solid black and a boy! HA!
Still need that spotted Moorit ram lamb too!

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...