Thursday, February 19, 2009

bull sale

Remember this guy? He was my first pick at my friends bull sale. Well he sold for $4100. Slightly out of my price range (ok a lot!) As you can see the Registered Simmental are still in high demand...all 80 of his bulls sold for an average of $2800. There have been sale after sale after sale in North Dakota and Minnesota this month and all sales have had nice averages for their bull sales. I did happen to get a bull for about half the price of the boy pictured about with almost the same EPDs *expected progeny data* just not the blaze face or size/build of this guy. It could be worse....I could not have a bull :)

Maybe next time I'll find my perfect boy! Hey you can't have everything right?

Now if the commercial prices would go back up to where they were a year or so ago....that would be nice!

2 comments:

Carol Bator said...

Or maybe your new bull will produce your perfect bull calf if you put him with the right cows. I am glad you were able to get one with good potential.

Rayna said...

So which boy was it?!

Shetland Breeding Groups

Every year the long anticipated breeding groups always seem to catch me by surprise. Had it not been for my severely sprained ankle, I prob...