Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fleeces

I've always been told its a good idea to have some wine while skirting fleeces and talking on the phone to friends! So thanks to JoAnne Beashau of Beaszak Cardigans for the Green Apple Riesling and for the chat on the phone! Also Barb P, Wanda and MissE for the conversations too! I got most of the sold fleeces skirted/monkey picked and ready for shipping. I also got around to doing my OWN fleeces I wanted to keep and having them sent in to Wooly Knob Fiber Mill for roving. Just in time too as the fleeces on the girls will need to come off soon. I'm hoping to purchase sheep suits finally for my crimpier fleeces (man do they ever suck in the VM!) and buy their mineral for the year with it. Thank goodness for the 2nd selling point of Shetlands and BFLs!
This photo is of a ewe, FirthofFith Sikkem Temi that I sold last summer. She was a beautiful moorit with a pretty breed type. She had a moonspot on her shoulder and you can see it in the photo above.
Her half sister WhitePine Twix (on the mother's side) has a small moonspot on her hip that I noticed too while I was skirting her fleece for her new owner!
My white ewe RYL Rachildas. Her lambs are always am improvement on her but I love her bigger crimp! This fleece is also sold.
Beechtree Kershope's lamb fleece. GORGEOUS locks and luster! Of course its already sold! :)

5 comments:

Somerhill said...

Garrett, have you seen the BFL ornaments that were on the wine glasses for the BFL National Show at Rhinebeck? If not, email me and I will take a picture for you.
Lisa

Laura said...

Pretty fleeces.I really like Rachidas's fleece.

Juliann said...

Nice!

Claire MW said...

I am learning about skirting for this year's shearing (my first ever) and wondered about the thingy that you have that fleece laid out on. Is that just hardware cloth attached to a wood frame? What size is it? How did you attach the hardware cloth? Would you do anything different if you had to make another one? Is that enough questions for you for now? :-) Thanks!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your sales! I still have two fleeces from last year to pick, and two fresh ones from my ram and wether now. I need to find a new solution for a skirting table, as Rick used the horse panel I had used for a gate....

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...