Friday, July 31, 2009

White-faced Black Spanish Bantams

I promised you photos so here are a few of my newest pair of Bantams! The rooster is a '09 hatch and the hen is an '08 hatch. They've already bonded and I'm excited to see if I can get any chicks this fall from them or not. Apparently they are quite rare and this pair came from a breeder who shows all the time. I'm not intending to show but like to have birds that resemble the breed they are supposed to be. Nothing wrong with mutt chickens but I would at least liek to know what they are made up of :) And mutt chickens are way better than crappy purebreds (same goes for dogs, pigs, cattle, sheep etc)!!

3 comments:

penni said...

Wow! They are really striking. I hope you get some chicks.

Nancy K. said...

VERY cool chickens! They remind me of Mimes!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for chicks from them ~ they'd have to be SO adorable...

Marc said...

i have a pair of the same kind of chickens we tried incubating their eggs and only one hatched and its the cutest thing in the world we are letting one of our game chickens set on her eggs so we are hoping for a better hatch rate... this time.
i just wanted to know how yours are doing and if they have been good to you?

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...