Wednesday, March 12, 2008

SPRING has finally arrived here

I think I can watch the snow melt its going that fast. I'd say we lost over a foot in the past 48 hours. Yesterday morning I could not see a little spruce tree. Today I can see its lowest branch. the afternoon rain I think helped a bit, or the fact that it hasn't dipped below 32 for this long.

my spring came this afternoon!
Pinta had a single white caramel doeling. Her father is Caspian, the buck I got from WA state (see Michelle it IS possible to get animals to and from the west coast.....) She looks exactly like Nina did, the 3rd original goat on my farm. I had Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria. They all had the same father, but Nina had a different mom (the mother to Pinta and Santa Maria's mom) Makes sense? Good. Caspian was a light caramel.
This little girl has no brown tone to her due to her mother's 'off' color and not recognized color. This little cutie couldn't have come at a better time. After some emotional losses in the goats, I think I have a handle on it and its good to see a healthy jumping little girl. Pinta surprised me with just baby after twinning the past 3 years. I think its because she's kinda hefty :) But I still love her!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Congratulations on the signs of spring!

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...