Monday, July 14, 2008

A few new Pollie lines

With the onslaught of poll carrier ram lambs born this year, I realized I had way more poll carrier ewes/rams than I thought possible. I have been talking to the Poll Gene Guru, Juliann Budde of Little Country Acres in Illinois about the possibility of aquiring a slightly different line of poll genetics to match up with the ewes I have here.

I watched her lambing blog and fell in love with a very tightly crimped moorit gulmoget ram lamb. After months of waiting to see if he had 'made the grade' I was so excited to hear that he was indeed going to be a knock out of a ram!

I also was really hoping to get a few more FAWN katmoget ewes into my flock of mostly black based stock. I ended up waiting all year to hear if the katmoget girl of my liking was turning out and with Juliann's rightfully high standards, both have indeed passed with flying colors! I'm eagerly waiting to pick them up at the AGM in September!



This beautiful girl's sire is UnderTheSon Silvio Dante, an emsket katmoget who is F4 Greyling and F4 Holly. Her mother is Underhill Ulla, a rich moorit who is an F2 Jamie, F4 Holly, F4 Timothy



This guy's sire is Shelteringpines Octavian, a full poll, black gulmoget who is a double F2 Dillon, and F4 Holly. His dam is Lil'Country Babybee who is an F3 Holly.



Just look at those tiny scurs!



He seems quite solid sided to me, with little britch wool!

Look at that back end with the large "purse" :)

3 comments:

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

Absolutely Stunning!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on the new sheep, you lucky dog!

Kathy said...

Nice! He's a keeper for sure!

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...