Friday, September 25, 2009

Shetland AI group

The following girls are slated for LAI this fall. Each has a list of merits that I feel are worthy of using on LAI.

Justalit'l Black Lambo - black ewe - 25% UK - proven poll carrier Bramble Dixen daughter. She had fabulous lambs out of Heights Orion this past year and I need to use her again this year. She is slated for Todhill Jericho. She has very little iset as an 8 year old, good teeth yet and was in great condition feeding twins all year. Her microns were, as an 8 year old, AFD 27.2, SD 6.2, CV22.7, CEM 10.9, CF of 70%

Justlit'l Chloe - fawn katmoget (homozygous for katmoget) 31.25% UK - Underhill Bartok daughter. She has amazing conformation and a great mom. Last year was bred to Greenholme Holly and gave me beautiful lambs. This year will be bred to either Heights Orion or Heatheram Lightning. Her fleece tests were AFD 30.3, SD 6.3, CV 20.7 CEM of 13.3 and CF of 56.8%. Although not super soft, her lambs have all been dynamite when bred to AI.

RiverOaks Eliza - white ewe - 18% UK - last year we tried to AI her but the day before the sponges were to be pulled, hers came out :( We'll try again this year and we are breeding her to Campaign Timothy. Eliza is my softest mature ewe with AFD of 26.6, SD 5.6, CV of 21.1 and a CEM of 10.8, CF of 79.3%

RiverOaks Lucy - gray katmoget ewe - proven poll carrier. 34% UK - Last year we used her on Willowcroft Jamie and got an amazing smooth polled krunet black ram lamb. This year she will be bred to Greenholme Holly. Lucy's fleece test was AFD 27.7, SD 4.9, CV of 17.8, CEM of 7.9, CF of 70.6%

Underhill Ulla - moorit ewe - 38% UK - last year was bred to Shirehill Minder and gave me two gorgeous rams. This year I will breed her to Heights Orion in hopes of some pretty moorits (I have hardly any solid moorit ewes!) AFD 29.7, SD 6.5, CV 22.1, CEM 11.9, CF 59.2%. Her daughter last year out of a ground breeding had phenominal fleece. Her Minder ram lambs i think will also be something special.

FirthofFifth Rahu - white ewe - 31% UK - She will be bred to Willowcroft Jamie this fall. Rahu carries solid (Aa) and I'm hoping for moorit or white ewe lambs! Her micron was just spectacular this year. 27.6 AFD, SD 5.1, CV 18.6, CEM 9.2, CF 73.8%

FirthofFifth Taika - black gulmoget - 44% UK - She will be bred to Shirehill Minder this fall (I'm hoping for my Ag gulmoget ewe lamb!) 23.2 AFD, SD 5.7, CV 24.8, CEM 12.4, CF 88.5%

ShelteringPines Fleur de Lis - smirslet gray katmoget - 44%UK - she will be bred to Greenholme Holly in hopes of those spots! 27.3 AFD, SD 5.8, CV 21.3, CEM 11, CF 72.2%

ShelteringPines Nirvana - horned gray katmoget ewe - 36.5% UK - she gave me awesome twin ewe lambs out of Wintertime Blues (F1 Jericho) this past year and will be bred to Heights Orion this fall. AFD 28.5, SD 5.9, CV 20.6, CEM 10.2, CF 65.2%

ShelteringPines Myra - fawn katmoget - 22% UK - gave me a gorgeous ram lamb this spring from Jazz (F1 Jericho) and will be bred to Heights Orion this fall. pending new micron results

WhitePine Skor - shaela ewe - 28% UK - will be bred to Heights Orion in hopes of getting more modified lambs. AFD 22.8, SD 6.2, CV 27.2, CEM 13.4, CF 85.9%

OwlHill Butter - musket ewe 72%UK - will be bred to Todhill Jericho. Jericho is homozygous katmoget, but I really would like an AgAb moget faced ewe again! AFD 24.4, SD 5.6, CV 23.1, CF of 85.7%

Owlhill Pranilla - gray ewe - 75%UK - will be bred to either Todhill Jericho or Willowcroft Jamie. I'm waiting micron results to decide. waiting on results

Owlhill Miss Lilly - black ewe - 81% UK - will be bred to Todhill Jericho. Both she and Jericho carry moorit so that could be an exciting blend also. waiting on results

Owlhill Sarafina - gray ewe - 53% UK - will be bred most likely to Campaign Timothy, pending micron results.

Several others ewes I"m on the fence about (gosh you are thinking ISN"T THAT ENOUGH ALREADY?) are:

FirthofFifth Booto - fawn katmoget F1 Timothy 53% UK - last fall was bred to heights orion. her ram lamb is just stunning and would like to put her on perhaps Lightning to give her lambs some size as she is quite dainty at 60 pounds. AFD 26.1, SD 6.8, CV 26.3, CEM 13.8, CF 77%

ShelteringPines Nessebar - gray smirslet katmoget - 38%UK - I'm waiting on micron results to find out if I should use her or not.

Wintertime Galina - black gulmoget (solid sided) 47% UK - I'm also waiting on her micron results to find out if I should AI her.

I have two other yearlings that I'm thinking about using, however they haven't really grown much this year and think perhaps I should wait a year with them when I know they can carry twins with the AI more readily, but I'm so impatient..I just don't know.

And I think I'll sponge a few 'extra' girls in case any of the 'chosen' ones pop their sponge out early or can't be AI'ed at all, like what happened last year (one ewe in each instance).

2 comments:

Rayna said...

*arm cross*

Potosi Sheep Farm said...

Wish I had Ruben here this fall for breeding.

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...