Thursday, September 25, 2008

Partial Breeding Group list

Well I have my AI group of girls ready:

Justalit'l Shasta Ag/Aa horned smirslet flecket F3 Gordon
Justalit'l Chloe Ab/Ab fawn katmoget F2 Minder
Justalit'l Black Lambo Aa/Aa Black F3 Holly F3 Timothy
BonoCreek Lavender Brown Aa/Aa fawn F2/F3 Jamie
FirthofFifth Rooibos Aa/Aa fawn 25% UK
FirthofFifth Evidence of Autumn Aa/Aa fawn F3Holly F3 Jamie
FirthofFifth Booto Ab/Aa Fawn Katmoget F1 Timothy
River Oaks Lucy Ab/Aa Grey Katmoget F3 Dillon F3 Holly
River Oaks Eliza Awt/Aa White 18% UK
RYL Rachildas Awt/Ag white illget F3 Lightning
Underhill Peep Ag/Aa musket F2 Greyling, F2 Jamie
Underhill Ulla Aa/Aa moorit F2 Jamie

I'm planning on using a mix of Orion, Timothy, Holly, Jamie, Minder and Lightning. I was unable to secure any Jericho or Greyling.

My F1 Jericho F2 Drum Ram F3 Drum Jings grey katmoget ram, Wintertime Jazz will have 9 ewes:
Wintersky Layla horned Aa/Aa mioget F1 Orion F3 Timothy
Wintertime Galina At/Aa black gulmoget F3 Dillon
ShelteringPines Myra Ab/Aa smirslet grey katmoget
ShelteringPines Fleur de Lis Ab/Aa smirslet grey katmoget F3/F3 Minder
Minwawe Sterling Aa/Aa black krunet
Minwawe Dixie Cup Aa/Aa shaela smirslet
Minwawe SeaBreeze Aa/Aa moorit smirslet sokket
Minawe Flopsy Aa/Aa moorit
ShelteringPines Snow Cloud Ab/Aa grey katmoget (this is Suzanne Nevada's ewe)


That leaves 13 ewes/ewe lambs that I would like to breed this year to five rams. That means 2 or 3 ewes per ram. And it makes sensce fleece, pedigree, color wise, but physical labor wise its silly!

I'm hoping the micron reports will help decide who I use and where the ewes should be placed because right now I'm torn between a few rams to put them with. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

kristi said...

Stop being so organized, your stressing me out in Ohio:)LOL

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

If you have somehow acquired Miss Lucy of River Oaks, you are one lucky shepherd. She's a prize! Congratulations. :0)

You really ARE terribly organized. (grin)

Shetland Breeding Groups

Every year the long anticipated breeding groups always seem to catch me by surprise. Had it not been for my severely sprained ankle, I prob...