Friday, October 23, 2009

CIDRs in!

19 Shetlands and 2 BFLs were inserted today with CIDRs. I myself am hoping to AI 18 shetlands and both BFLs and having someone lease another ewe from me for the AI.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with the girls I've chosen and look forward to the AI date and more importantly the lambing :) Several girls seem, ahem.....more receptive....than others so I feel like the rest of the girls should be cycling normal now, as we have had some super low night time temps (its currently 27 F at 11pm)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Tiz the season and those girls don't look for many reasons....

Good luck kiddo

Brenda Lelli said...

Garrett, I always sponge an extra ewe or two when doing LAI. This way if someone loses a sponge in the next 12 days, you are not short a ewe to AI. Also, every now and then even when they all were done right, some ewe just isn't 'ready' to be AI'd that day. This way you have a spare, and she can be put out with a breeding group at the end of the AI day if you don't need her.

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...