Friday, April 24, 2009

down to 10!

ShelteringPines Fleur di les gave me a HUGE ewe lamb tonight! Her lamb is bigger than most of my sets of twins were. I will weigh her in the morning. She is almost as big as the BFL lamb and she was 11 pounds at birth.

So what do you expect to get when you breed a spotted katmoget to a spotted katmoget? I'd hope for a ewe lamb like Suzanne's, but instead i got a black ewe with a krunet marking! Unbelievable! Her facial markings look just like a Jazz x Cori bottle lamb from last year that is now living down the road. Maybe its a sign I need to keep this one :)

I made another jug (all 12 of mine are full) and put Fleur and her ewe lamb in the jug...came in to let Rayna and Stephen know she lambed and then went back out to see if she had another. Nope. Just placenta coming out.

But I was surprised to see Minwawe Dark Chocolate had lambed with a flashy spotted gray katmoget ram lamb! He is the tiniest lamb I have ever seen!!!!! I bet he doesn't weigh more than 2 pounds. He's standing up calling and I had to jug her (and kick a different ewe out of hers). She is a yearling and first time mom and is doing great. I thought she looked 'fishy' tonight while I watched Fleur in labor. I guess my moorit girls are holding out on me.....Twix, Lavender and Flopsy were all jugged but had to be kicked out as I needed the jugs for new moms that I didn't think would lamb quite yet.

photos in the morning....

2 comments:

Jenny Holden said...

Looks like you're getting some lovely lambs. I'd be really bummed too if I'd already sold such as stunning ewe lamb as the little lady bound for Alaska! Lucky Suzanne!

Cynthia said...

Sorry you can't catch a break there guy. Those darned tricky spotties.

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...