Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just call me the King of Krunets!!

Well at least it wasn't a black ;)

Minwawe Dixie Cup lambed today. I was figuring it was time to 'check' on the girls and noticed her water bag. So I sat down to watch. Between chewing her cud and foraging for hay, she had contractions and was pushing. I finally saw ONE foot and shortly after a head. NOT GOOD.

so I catch her up between my legs and lean over her and try to pull down on the one leg and her head comes out further. Still no other leg......so I go and scrub up and reach inside and find the other leg WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaay back and could BARELY just get it with my pointer finger and hooked it and fixed her position and out she came!

She isn't black......she's a gray katmoget out of Jazz with some wicked crimp. *AND* a krunet!

Both parents are smirslets...and Dixie Cup is out of wild spotted lines so again was expecting more spots. I have to look at it that she ISN"T black and she IS a SHE :)

Photos when she is dry :)

4 comments:

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Congrats! Finally another girl! And a very pretty one at that - yay!!
Just had another girl here too...5 out of 6 for Captain. It must be in the air........or the water.....or the food.....lolol!!

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Oh, and I forgot to add.....
I 'like' one foot and head position. With one leg back, the shoulders don't come out so wide and instead angle back, which for some ewes and does is even easier on them. As long as you don't have a 2nd leg there with bent knee trying to come out, I usually pull the foot out with left hand and work the head with the right in. Learned that one a few years back and it seems to work quite well!

Michelle said...

Oh good, a non-black GIRL! Sounds beautiful, especially to those of us yet without a kat of our own. :-)

Dawn said...

Pictures? I think the blacks are lovely, but it does seem like you have a bunch.

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...