Friday, April 24, 2009

ELIZA TWINS!

What a whirlwind of a week. Its Friday already? i got not as much done as I would have liked this week; shoot!

Layla yesterday gave me a big single ewe lamb out of Jazz. She is a spotted gray katmoget. The fleece is amazing. Lamb is 75% UK.

Her momma is mioget so she could be modified or at least carry it. Babygirl (yet to be named) is F2 orion F2 Jericho F3 Drum Ram and more!


Eliza this morning gave me TWINS. I think she has only singled before, and I think she twinned partly because I synchronized her with the other ewes?

She threw gorgeous lambs out of FirthofFifth Barish. I was hoping for a polled ram but the gray katmoget ram lamb I got has HUGE horn buds :) The black ewe lamb is just amazing and very very cute. The fleeces are great :)
black ewe lamb, gray katmoget ram. 36% UK

hey I'm happy to just get a ewe lamb!! :)
Big horn buds on this big guy

And in case anyone forgot, Barish and Jazz are both homozygous black, so they will never produce moorit based lambs. This year is only solidifying that fact. Which is ok with me. I was at first bummed but Rayna said that if she had a whole flock like those two boys she'd be really happy...even if they are all black and gray kats ;)

5 comments:

Rayna said...

But I want pictures NOOOOWWWW!

Cynthia said...

The little black ewe is lovely Garrett. Looks like she has that UK peach-fuzz over the crimp? She's going to be special I think. When you are thinking about the blacks, DO try to remember that is was only recently that we were all still desperately breeding to get rid of the iset. At least you have the possibility for gorgeous pure black now, LOL.

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

beautiful, just beautiful!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on all, Garrett! That big-horn-bud kat may be a blessing, if you are trying to market him. There are a lot more who want full-horn genetics -- at least out here in the poll-less Northwest! Butter's very special horned ram lamb is going to make someone a spectacular flock sire, UK genetics and all.

Becky Utecht said...

I'm so glad Eliza earned her keep and gave you twins.

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...