Sunday, March 22, 2009

MORE LAMBS

I just walked out into the barn and saw that RiverOaks Lucy had just had a little black ram with a krunet with the most amazing tight crimpy fleece I've ever laid eyes on! (THANKS BECKY!) He weighed in at 7 pounds. He is my Willowcroft Jamie lamb! I'm sorry I don't have a wonderful camera...only 3x optical zoom with 8.8 megapixel....I need a 10x optical zoom!




Isn't he a cutie?


As I was checking his gender I notice Justalit'l Black Lambo was in labor (its about time that poor girl!) and she was pushing but only one leg and the head were coming out...I scrubbed up and felt for the other front leg....it was just bent back at the knee and i quickly corrected it and out she came! A GORGEOUS MOORIT EWE LAMB! WOHOO!! As she was cleaning her off she kept pushing (standing up mind you) and out came a MOORIT RAM LAMB backwards! She was so intent on the ewe so I went in and picked him up and brought him over to the front to be cleaned. Lambo is 8 years old and no one ever knew her status if she carried moorit recessively...well she does! These lambs are out of Heights Orion! Again sorry for the fuzzy pics...i didn't want to get too close while she was bonding.
Lambo cleaning up her children, ewe on left, ram on right. (with orbs, not spots)

Ewe lamb in front, ram in the background. The ewe is a pound heavier than the ram.
Ewe is on the left, ram on the right (you can see the boys' horn buds already!)

5 comments:

penni said...

Ooooh, Garret, they are coming fast and furious now. Hurrah for all the twins -- especially the babies with the really tight crimping.

Sharrie said...

You are really rolling now. Nice lambs!

Kara said...

Hey I guessed Lucy, don't I get points for being close?! Congrats! Beautiful lambies! Okay now you have me wanting to go out and check the barn AGAIN.

Sherilyn said...

Sooooooooooo cute!!! :) Sounds like you're doing a great job!

Becky Utecht said...

Congrats on all the nice AI lambs! I was so happy to see the photos of Lucy and her ram lamb. Yes, he is a cutie. And so are all the rest. :-)

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...