Monday, April 21, 2008

FirthofFifth Rooibos

Roo is a fawn ewe that carries spotting and is modified. Last year she produced Rolo, who's fleece sample came back under 21 microns as a yearling! I'm pleased to say the least. Anyways, Roo had twins actually but one was 'mummified'. I've had this happen with cows sometimes and its just an anomaly I've been told. This is WhitePine Rye. She is out of Jazz, the F1 Jericho. Look at all the brown phaeo on her sides.....although she IS a black based (grey) katmoget. The 2nd fetus was only the size of an apricot and was completely hard and white.

This little girl makes up for it however....she's such a sweetheart!



I'm also attaching a photo of the two grey katmogets that are both from jazz, both from moorit ewes and both have the brown phaeo on thier sides, but are black tongued, black nosed and eyelids, black legs and belly. And its not dark brown. Its black! I've left it in its largest size so you can see up close the brown phaeo. It IS phaeo right? I'm calling it right??

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think you're calling it right on the phaeo....

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...