Sunday, April 13, 2008

WinterSky Buttons twins

Remember last year when Buttons had that moorit HST lamb??!! I was super pumped up about that! Her lambs this year are out of Jazz again (he was a busy boy!) and both are black (again) and tiny head spots (again). I was hoping that because Jazz was spotted and most of the girls were highly spotted or carry spotting, that I'd have a bit more 'flash' this year. Last year I was very hopeful that I'd have a few black lambs. This year I'm glad I have so many to choose from so I can't complain! But a few more head or leg markings wouldn't hurt right? :)

The little guy in back with the krunet is named Black Hawk. He's a mere 3 pounds! His sister is Brighton, with the tiny krunet She's 6#5oz nearly twice his size.


Here is WhitePine Rush, Rachildas little white ewe, all cleaned off, in her first few minutes outside. Her crimp goes all the way down her britch and she's super cute...but no pink nose :( (Sorry Bill!)

And here is Wren's little spotted katmoget girl I named Westminster (hey all the other names for "W" cities were very masculine. She's jumping up and down in the jug...ready to lamb race!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Great photos, Garrett! I think WP Rush needs to live in Arizona! She's so cute! Well, they all are, aren't they. Great job!

I think the angel assigned to "paint" our lambs has been on a coffee break. I'm hoping that my remaining ewes' lambs will have spots - somewhere - anywhere! ;-)

Tina T-P said...

it is nice to see that someone is getting ewe lambs... that little kat is a cutie :-) T.

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Garrett - good to visit again and see all the latest newborns! And congrats on that heifer calf too, very nice Sim coloring also! We keep getting hit here with snow...normally we are rototilling the garden first week in May, but I'm sorried we won't be anywhere into the fields by then this year, it's just soooooo late! My tomato starts were transplanted once already and should be going into their big pots for the final root growth, but it's been down to 10 and 15 degrees at night and there's no way to keep the greenhouse warm enough for them to survive, so they are getting weedy in the house. And, not ONE of my registered ewes has lambed yet - it's driving me nuts!!! AUGH!!! 16 lambs so far for my unregistered flock...go figure!

Bill Stearman said...

When the border opens Garret and you want pink noses ... call me. I intend to have an entire flock of them someday ... hehehe

Nice looking lambs!

Kathy said...

I never tire of looking at that little kat! :)

Gail V said...

Way to go, little Wren! What a cute little lamb she had.

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...