Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Theme for 2008

As many of you may or may not have known I was thinking of a big move to the Denver area. I've been trying to move out there for several years but was too chicken. This winter had been a long, lonesome, boring, and uneventful winter. I'm a very social person and it was really hard to sit at home and 'wait' for the snow storms that never came. Without a budgeted income and living alone and working alone really took its toll on me.
I tried finding a part time job to help alleviate some of the problems..social and monetary, however what job is going to let me NOT show up to work when it snows? Not any that I found. I think next winter I'll not do the snow removal and I'll just find a full time job for 6 months out of the year. Granted I won't be able to spend as much time with the animals but I'll have the money to care for them :)

I digress.

My theme for this years' lamb crop is Cities in Colorado!! I have found with the current economic woes of the country there are not many new jobs becoming available in my landscaping service industry. Nor are there many loans for First Time Home Owners....even though house prices are falling out there.

So I've decided to stay where I wanted to end up some day anyway. Right here. With ALL my dogs, my sheep, my old old house, and all the great things I love about this place.

But to honor the great state of Colorado, I'm naming all my lambs after its cities, most I've visited, some I haven't. Either way I can enjoy a little bit of Coloardo with each lamb :)

3 comments:

Rayna said...

I think it's an excellent choice...I don't think I'd be driving to Colorado for parties :)

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing your life and choices with us. I think your theme is a great idea. Here, with my tiny flock, I intend to stick with names that start with B for as long as I can, which will probably be forever....

Juliann said...

Garrett, I started to get sad reading this post, thinking you were moving away. I'm glad you are staying in the Midwest. I wish I lived closer to all you nice Minn. shepherds. :(
I'm sure hoping we can all get together this summer!

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...