Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WinterSky Layla

I'm bad at guessing games I guess. Layla was not the one I thought would be next! Three of the Minwawe yearlings have been waddling like a toddler with a full diaper for the past week, not eating much and having swollen back ends. I noticed Layla laying down by herself in the corner and figured she'd be going last night. I was too tired to stay and watch...I actually got more than a 2 hour nap last night!! I awoke to a nursing, dried of MOORIT ram lamb(my first moorit of the year)! This is my first Heath lamb and he's adorable!

Layla is an F1 Orion and Heath is a linebred Tennyson son. He is also 47% UK. Both Heath and Layla go back to Underhill Loretta Lynne and the Rarebriar flock, which was the purpose of this breeding. SHOOT its a boy! But I'm still at 2:1 ratio for girls to boys!!
Isn't he so cute...blinking at the flash and all ;)

Considering how long I've been lambing I still only have 10 ewes that HAVE lambed...and 20 more TO lamb! GAH!! Hurry up!! :)

4 comments:

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

My GOODNESS you're going to have a lot of lambs!

Kathy said...

He's a beauty, Garrett! I just have two other girls to lamb in about 2 weeks, I think....can't be sure when they settled exactly...but your description of the way these ewes look (toddler with a loaded diaper) is a great, and accurate, one! :)
Can't wait to see what's next!

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Congrats on the Moorit Garrett! Go take a look at my blog, I had 2 Moorit Krunets born this afternoon, both tight crimp fleeces,one out of a solid black and the other a solid Moorit neither showing any spots, both sired by Minwawe Barbados, who is out of Tropical by Two Spots. :-)

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

Are we to believe you haven't had any more lambs since Tuesday? (I have!)

Shetland Breeding Groups

Every year the long anticipated breeding groups always seem to catch me by surprise. Had it not been for my severely sprained ankle, I prob...