Friday, April 25, 2008

I believe in miracles!

Last night after I got home from agility class with Sadie I went to bottle feed the twin girls of Cori. I went to Romeo's jug and gave him a little milk, but then decided that it was time to strip momma Rahu and hold her against the side of the jug and let Romeo find his way. I let him nurse on each side while i held that leg up for him. After that ordeal, I noticed that she was all of a sudden licking and smelling him in a whole new way. Fingers crossed!

I went out this morning to feed and he wasn't screaming or chasing me around the jug. I went to secure Rahu again and lifted her leg to notice that there was NO milk in the bag (meaning he had just cleaned it all out!). I left them to their own, I went and fed my new ducks (in the next post) and came back and this is what I saw: I DO BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! I DO I DO! While we aren't out of the woods yet, this is so promising. Thank you God and thank you to those who had me in their prayers...I will NOT have to bottle feed Romeo after all!

2 comments:

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

Yay for Romeo and Rahu! And yay for you too. I hope things get back on track for that pair. And maybe you'll end up with an exceptional black polled ram lamb.

I'm glad you still believe in miracles. And I'm glad you feel you have some in your life. :)

Becky Utecht said...

That's great news Garrett! After dealing with a mule lamb who couldn't find the teat for a day and half, I know how exciting it is to finally see things go as nature intended (and be relieved of the prospect of bottle feeding). Nice photos, they look so good together. ;-)

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...