Sunday, April 6, 2008

Walking in a winter wonderland..........

Saturday, April 5th, 1pm
Sunday, April 6th, 1pm

So yesterday I knew the snow was coming. For comparison I wanted to do a 'before and after' kind of photo. Well I got one. Last night the front came through and within 30 minutes it had dropped nearly 20 degrees!! Followed by sleet and then snow and then AFTER the snow there was a thunderstorm and rain. We had between 5-6 inches of snow only.

Woke up early after having nightmares about ewes lambing with triplets and either taking other lambs as their own or refusing their own and me getting home from work and not knowing whose lambs were whose. Ran outside............no lambs.

My dad and I went to Wadena where I do about 90% of my snow removal. They didn't have any snow...just ice.......about 20 miles away. Drove to Perham where my other snow removal is and they had about 4 inches. My buddy from Detroit Lakes (another 30 minutes to the northwest of Perham) said they had 8 inches there already. Guess we were right on that line.

It had stopped snowing by 1am last night and now apparently its wrapping around an we are in for round two. This time more snow....6-10 inches more. And its a white out now. Its allegedly supposed to be done at midnight...i'm hoping to leave at 9pm and go blow snow all night long so i'm not out all day tomorrow doing it. Oh and its supposed to be 50 again tomorrow. that doesn't seem odd to those further south but typically when there is snow here...it lasts all winter and doesn't get above freezing for months......

I'd rather have THAT snow...where its light and fluffy than this wet heavy crap that you can't shovel. ugh...back out to get ready for tonight! wish me luck!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I worked in Wadena for the newspaper for a short while - before moving to the newspaper in Perham. And we went to church in Detroit Lakes....

Kathy said...

You guys are getting OUR spring weather, Garrett! Hmmm....well, we're "supposed" to get some rain/snow tomorrow night. I love the before and after shots of the house.

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

hehehehehehe..........sorry Garret...we had the same as you. It started snowing Saturday and by Sunday night, we had 6 inches at least of snow...warm enough to pack it down but as of today, it's still hanging around and supposed to start up again tomorrow night. Geez, that was a terrible tease of spring! Hopefully it comes back soon.

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...