Monday, April 7, 2008

RYL Corild (Cori) gives me twin ewe lambs too!

While slaving away these past 36 hours plowing snow with just a 2 hr nap and a hr to do chores I really was thinking I needed a lamb fix. And not any of my already born ones.....you know...'fresh' ones :) Granted we did have a bull calf born during the storm in the shed (good Regina momma) but it wasn't the same as lambs...let alone twin ewe lambs!

So far 10 lambs, 7 are ewes and they are all from Jazz, the F1 Jericho boy. Both these girls are 43% UK and their mother at six years of age is still jet black. I had to do an 'above' photo to show off the tiny krunets they both have. That makes six lambs with some type of krunet marking. I have heard from others that they have been getting a lot of these too.

Only 24 more to go!

2 comments:

Rayna said...

Yup I'm screwed...I'm having all rams....lol

Becky Utecht said...

Congrats on the ewe lambs Garrett! I don't know how you keep up with all the snow plowing and the lambing and calving. 24 more to go?? Wow!
I was feeling quite screwed yesterday too with 4 ram lambs and zero ewe lambs out of the Shetlands. But we finally got a Shetland ewe lamb this morning, and another ram lamb.
Then a pair of twin Shetland mules.
So overall, we're at 5 ram lambs and 3 ewe lambs. :-)

A long time coming!

 It has been a long time. Too long in fact. We lost access to our farm website and ebonwald website when WEBS.COM was closed by VistaPrint. ...